The Sandy Club, “A Safe Place for Boys and Girls” is working diligently to comply with health standards and policies as dictate by Utah State Health Department and other government agencies. As such, the following recommendations are in place:
*PLEASE NOTE: The Sandy Club will close due to local/national mandates or when the schools we serve are closed due to the current pandemic.*
- All staff and visitors must wear a mask while inside the building
- Social Distancing will be practiced during all activities both inside and outside of the building
- Hand washing and surface sanitizing will occur after each activity and before/after any snacks
- The facility will be sanitized at noon and the end of each day
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available throughout the building
- No more than 50 persons will be permitted in the building at any given time.
- Temperature checks will be conducted for all staff and visitors upon arrival
- Any persons (staff or visitor) exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 will be sent home.
The Sandy Club, “A Safe Place for Boys and Girls” was founded in 1991 by Linda Martinez Saville as a haven for youth in the Sandy City area. Linda’s unique upbringing and career opportunities showed her the importance of taking care of every person around her. What began as a double wide trailer over 25 years ago has become a fully-dedicated, independently operated “safe place” facility for hundreds of children each year; and a legacy of compassion, determination, and service in Sandy City.
The Sandy Club has been around longer than any youth who attends the facility, yet the vision and compassion that began with Linda Martinez Saville still permeates the building and shapes every interaction inside its walls. Each day children are given a snack, opportunities to play, socialize, and exercise, and opportunities for study help and tutoring with Sandy Club staff and administration. Each year the children are given opportunities to learn about their communities through field trips and community outreach programs from both private and public institutions. The children also receive school supplies, food, coats, and shoes as need dictates and donations support.
The Sandy Club, “A Safe Place for Boys and Girls” began as an organization dedicated to changing lives for young people. As we have grown, so has our range of services. Currently, we help individuals and families by:
- Providing social interaction for youth with their peer group
- Providing opportunities for play and activity
- Teaching healthy lifestyle habits
- Providing academic tutoring and assistance
- Access to professional counseling services
- Access to new clothing and school supplies
- Providing temporary food support for members and their families
- Connecting members to community services and support programs
Each of these services is supported through generous donations of time, resources, and materials from generous patrons in the community. The Sandy Club has made an incredible impact in the Sandy City community over the past 25 years and, with the help of generous donors and patrons, plans to ever increase its outreach, opportunities, and impact for many years to come.Please consider donating financial or material resources. For more details, visit our “Donate” tab or click here.
*PLEASE NOTE: We will be finishing the August 2020 Calendar as we receive more information related to safety precautions and safety measures from local and state agencies and in partnership with local schools.
*PLEASE NOTE: Summer Registration is currently full. We are accepting youth for our waitlist. Contact the office at 801.561.4854*
Summer Program 2020 will be our first FULL DAY SUMMER PROGRAM! Registration is available for youth ages 6-12. Children must have completed Kindergarten to enroll.
- Dates: July 1st, 2020 – August 11th, 2020
- Fee: $10
- Lunch and Snacks will be served each day
- Each day will consist of 2 hours of an Educational Project Learning Program (taught by Elementary School Teachers)
- Special activities such as water games, BBQs, special guests, and arts and crafts will be calendared throughout the summer
COVID Notice and Info/Precautions
- Registration will be limited to 36 youth (a waitlist will be available afterwards).
- Children will have a non-touch temperature check each day and review for COVID-19 Symptoms.
- Children exhibiting symptoms will be sent home.
- Staff will wear masks at all times while indoor.
- Youth will wear masks whenever social distancing is not possible.
- Thorough hand-washing will be required and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the day.
- The building will be sanitized at lunch and the end of each day.
Please call 801.561.4854 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
We LOVE the holidays here at The Sandy Club. The lights, candy, and fun are irresistible. However, we know that the winter is hard on MANY of our families. Many individuals suffer from cold, lack of food, and exclusion from the merriment and joy that should accompany the Thanksgiving and December holidays.
We KNOW that you want to help. Thank you for reaching out to serve those around you. We have families here who can use your help. Our families are specifically in need of:
- NEW winter coats, hats, and gloves
- NEW socks and underwear in various sizes
- $25 grocery gift cards
We here at The Sandy Club are so fortunate to see the good you do and we hope that you will remember the joy of giving selflessly this holiday season. You are a hero to these kids and their families. Thank you—sincerely, thank you.
The Sandy Club, “A Safe Place for Boys and Girls” has begun partnering with Community Action! Community Action provides assistance programs of the HIGHEST quality such as the Head Start pre-school program and the H.E.A.T. program for utility (heat/gas) assistance.
See the flier below for more details and to see how Community Action can assist your family and friends!
The Sandy Club’s 10th Annual Charity Golf Tournament was hosted on Monday, August 12th at River Oaks Golf Course in Sandy. The tournament was an OUTSTANDING SUCCESS with over 20 teams participating. The tournament included gift cards for the winning teams, raffle prizes (including trips, tools, golf gear, and gift cards), putting contests, long drive competition, and a Hole in One contest for $10,000!
We cannot say enough about how much we appreciate the support we receive from local and national companies and individuals who take money out of their budgets and time out of their day to support our vision of giving kids a safe place to learn and grow. To everyone who has supported us before and to those who supported us at this tournament: You are a hero. Thank you.
Sponsors & Participants:
- Vantage Marketing
- T Square Development LLC
- Mac Management & The Stringham Family
- Greg Curtis
- Kilgore Companies
- Drive Marketing
- Ensign Property Management
- Sandy City Rotary Club
- Workers Compensation Fund
- James Doolin
- Kip Wadsworth & Wadsworth Construction
- Staker Parson Companies
- CBRE & Plunkett Enterprises
- Former Sandy City Mayor Tom Dolan
- Raddon Construction
- Wasatch Disaster Solutions
- AV Tech Capital
- Tetra Corp. Services
- Christian Roberts Mortgage
- Acima Credit
- Gordon & Linda Staker
- Midwest Interiors
- Miller Paving
- Sandy Police Honorary Colonels
- John Thackeray Company
- Med One / Bell Canyon Executive Suites
- Jordan Credit Union
- Commercial Funding Partners
- Mountain America Credit Union
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts!
-Shalome, Josh, Jaz, and The Sandy Club!